We ain't the same

I attended the welcoming party held by WashU Taiwanese Graduate Student Association tonight. Some interesting thought dawned upon on me, okay, I personally don't use the word interesting to describe something is "interesting" to me, especially when it comes to research. However, I cannot find anything more properly to describe the feeling.
The whole context should center around: "Oh what the crap, we are so different!". The glowing instagram from some random girl absolutely remind me of the importance of being a real guy. I know everyone tries to be on their most comfortable ways to present themselves. However, I admire some live people, for they laugh, cry, and act at will. I am not a guy try to promote some unnecessary moves without showing respect to others, but I do appreciate people hold their opinions and know how to interact and justfy their decisions. In the party, I met another cool guy, who might not being that eloquent. Instead, you could tell he got some thoughts for everything.
Start from the party, I can realize somebody are so intriguing. From Taiwan to Texas, from Texas to Missouri, I feel like this world is so different that you shouldn't be stuck in a single view. For example, Taiwanese care most about your academics, salary, and almost everything could be put into numbers. I don't know much about Chinese, but based on my small sample size, they hold certain views about getting what they want. When I was in College Station, Texas, people talked more about God, about love for people. Now, I am in Saint Louis, Missouri. Though I haven't found the pattern of people here, I want to state/believe that regardless of viewpoints, a goodwill always prevails. I learned a goodwill from when I grew up, Taiwan. I reinforce the goodwill from Texas, which could be God's love, and sharing God's love. I want to develop and explore the different possibilities of goodwill.
Hey, we are so different, and so the goodwill could be. At least, I believe.

Comments

Popular Posts